Jules Quesnel Gala (Prom Night) Friday, Nov 20, 2015 from 7pm – 11pm
- Prom Night
- Ticket Info
- Silent Auction Items
- Gr 7’s – Requesting Silent Auction Items
- Wine Raffle
- Catered dinner, candy bar, and a drink included in the ticket price!
- Wear an old Prom Dress if you want.
- Join us for an entertaining evening, Silent Auction items, a photo booth, corsages, wine draw, heads or tails contest, and more.
Early bird tickets – $40, $50 at the door.
Tickets include catered dinner, snack, dessert and a drink. Purchase Tickets Now On-Line
See the full menu below
Silent Auction Items
• One Week Camp – Vancouver Baseball Academy, value $400
• 2 Tickets to Vancouver Canucks for Vancouver Anaheim Game, Jan 1, 2016, value $400
• 2 Tickets to Vancouver Canucks for Vancouver Blackhawks Game, March 27, 2016, value $400
• Pair of Fox gloves from Holt Renfrew fur shop, value $500
• 2 Herschel Cross – Body Bags, value $60 each
• 2 Vancouver Opera Tickets to “Evita” on April 30, 2015, value $350
• Canucks Jersey Signed by 2012 Players, value priceless
• Legal Preparation of Wills, value $750
• Tour of 3D Printing Lab at Emily Carr University of Art & Design for 5 kids, value $200
• Two Gift Certificates – Luminous Elephant on West 10th, value $250 each
• MAC Sailing certificate for family sailing lesson, value $175
• Whitecaps FC Hat signed by Octavio Rivero, value priceless
• Baked Goods (cupcakes, muffins, cookies) once a month for 6 months, value priceless
• Cuisinart Snow Cone Machine, value $150
Items can be dropped off at Kerry & Darren’s (3580 W 21st Ave) or Allison & James’ ( 3818 W 35th Avenue).
Grade 7s – Please Help Make This Year’s Silent Auction Awesome!
Every Grade 7 family is encouraged to contribute at least one (preferably 2) Silent Auction items and a bottle of wine.
Silent auction donations can be from you, or you can approach a business:
- Items you already possess as well as your time and talents can be offered up, as well.
- Items such as sports or concert tickets or weekend getaways to your cabin or gifts of babysitting, tutoring, gardening, cleaning or cooking.
- Cash donations are also accepted. Make cheque out to Ecole Jules Quesnel and write Senior Trip 2016 in the memo. Only cash donations ($25 and over) receive a tax deductible receipt.
When soliticiting, please remember:
- The benefit to businesses is advertising. Ask for menus or brochures to display.
- If soliciting businesses online, attach the letter and donation forms below.
- If soliciting in person, have hard copies to hand out.
- The solicitor is responsible for picking up the item and delivering it to the appropriate place (location to come).
- When choosing a business, think local and think family and think experience. (Children’s classes for instance).
Be creative and have fun! Together we can make this happen.
At the Gala (Prom Night) we traditionally we auction off cases of donated wine.
In order to do this, we ask that every Grade 7 family donate a bottle of red or white wine worth $20 or more. (Wine donations can be dropped off at Barb & Dan’s house (3843 W 11th) or at the Strattons (3968 W 24th)).
For more info see Wine Raffle Info (PDF Letter)
Contact Barb Bilsland (bjbilsland @gmail.com). To prevent SPAM, note the space in email, you will have to remove, to send her an email.
JQ Gala Dinner Menu
Organic Greens Salad
Roast beets, grapefruit, goat cheese and Pumpkins seeds
Quinoa, Chickpea and Blackened Chicken Salad
Arugula, cucumber, cherry tomato and Olives
Sauteed Seasonal Garden Vegetables
Roast Baby Potatoes
Eggplant Parmesan Lasagna
BBQ pulled Pork Sandwiches
With Citrus Asian Slaw
Event Team: Julie, Lisa E, Shannon and the Gala Team: Kerry, Allison, Darlene, Lori, Kendra, Betty, Brent, Lisa P., Barb and Dave
– another fundraiser for Gr 7 Senior Trips put on by Grade 7 families
Webpage last updated: Nov 13, 2015