Thanks to all the JQ Families that participated in the 2017 Run for the Kids – $1 Million Raised for BC’s Kids
On June 4 more than 5900 participants, supported by countless donors, volunteers and sponsors, ran or walked the 5K or the 2K Fun Run and raised an incredible $1 million for childhood cancer and mental health research and treatment areas at BC Children’s Hospital.
Over the past 32 years more than $13 million has been raised through the run, supporting the urgent needs of BC’s kids. Kids like Will Heine, this year’s champion.
JOIN THE JQ Run for the Kids TEAM!
Jules Quesnel had a team at RBC Run for the Kids (formerly ChildRun) on Sunday, June 4, 2017.
This wonderful event is held annually as a part of the BC Children’s Hospital Miracle Weekend Telethon and raises funds for childhood cancer research and treatment areas in addition to mental health programs at BC Children’s Hospital. Chances are most of us have been touched by the lifesaving care of Children’s Hospital.
- Sunday, June 4th
- 9:00 am in Vancouver
- participants run or walk a 5 km or 2 km Fun Run
- followed by a carnival for the kids including live music, face painting, crafts, games and fresh fruits and veggies.
Register for the JQ Team
It is easy to register at https://secure.bcchf.ca/SuperheroPages/teamFullListing.cfm?Event=RFTK or Register for the JQ TEAM
- select ‘Join a Team’ and sign up as part of the Jules Quesnel school team.
- If you want to have our school name printed on our RBC Run for the Kids t-shirt, make sure to register before May 16.
- Our goal is to recruit 50 team members (including students/parents/siblings/others)
- Raise a minimum of $5000
- – let’s work together to make this happen!
Thanks you for supporting such a worthy cause, and hopefully we will see you out on Sunday, June 4th.
Kathryn Hepburn (Teagan’s mom)
Team Jules Quesnel
khepburn @ infoserve.net (retype email with no spaces)
Not a PAC run event, but an event that includes the JQ Community. JQ 2016 RBC Team was organized by Connie Baechler (Maya and Makenna’s mom).
page updated: June 8, 2017