- Ticket Info
- Silent Auction Items
- Gr 7’s – Requesting Silent Auction Items
- Wine Raffle
- Baby Sitting Available
Hawaiian Luau (7:30-11:00 PM)
- Live band, light appetizers and one free drink included in the ticket price.
- Dress is surf casual – wear a Hawaiian shirt and shorts and flip flops or just throw on a lei (we will have extra leis at the door).
- Join us for an entertaining evening, Silent Auction, a wine auction, games, and more.
$30 if purchased up to the day before the event / $40 at the door.
Tickets will be sold in front of the school two weeks before the event (cash sales only) or purchase tickets now with a credit card online.
On-Line GALA TICKETS
Grade 7 families – Please help make this year’s silent auction a success.
Every Grade 7 family is requested to contribute at least one (preferably more) Silent Auction item and a bottle or two of wine. Silent auction donations can be from you, or you can approach a business that you frequent.
Here are some ideas:
- New or very lightly used items you already possess or your time and talents can be offered up as well.
- Items such as tickets to upcoming concerts or sports events
- Passes to a fitness or yoga studio that you regularly go to
- A few nights stay at a cabin
- Gifts of tutoring, babysitting (See below), gardening, cleaning, or cooking
- Cash donations are also accepted. Make cheque out to Ecole Jules Quesnel and write Senior Trips 2017 in the memo.
When soliciting business, please remember:
- The benefit to businesses is advertising. Ask for menus, schedules, or brochures to display.
- If soliciting businesses online, attach the letter and donations forms (below).
- If soliciting in person, have hard copies to leave behind.
- The solicitor is responsible for picking up the item and delivering it to Stacey Solomon 3876 Point Grey Road.
- When choosing a business, think local, think family, and think experience.
- Be creative and have fun! Together we can make this happen.
Below is a link to a list of silent auction items. Please check this list before approaching businesses to avoid over-solicitation and add items to the list that you would like to donate and or/as you acquire them.
2016 Silent Auction item list (Add your items here!)
Please use the 2016 Silent Auction Donation Request Letter to help you request Auction items.
It is a JQ tradition to auction off wine baskets of donated wine at the Gala. This is a big fund raiser at the auction.
In order to do this, we ask every Grade 7 family to donate a bottle of red or white wine (or one of each). Next time you are at the liquor store please pick some wine up for the auction. Please choose something that you would like to drink yourself (suggested price point ~$20). Wine donations can be dropped off at the school (Mme Natalie’s office) or Jen and Ed’s house (4507 4th Ave West).
Wine raffle tickets will be sold at the Gala and in front of the school two weeks before the event (along with tickets to the event). Make sure you buy raffle tickets for your chance to win a basket of wine!
Baby Sitting Available (by Gr. 7 Students) Auction
Looking for a babysitter for the Gala evening?
- Please support our Grade 7’s and hire them!
- Email Olivia at (email@example.com)
Hawaiian Luau Gala Menu
Jules Quesnel 2016
Pineapple and Assorted Fruit Trays
Polynesian Pulled Pork Mini Sliders
Hawaiian Style Spam Sushi & Veggie Sushi Rolls
Tropical Coconut and Brownie Dessert Bars
Coffee & Assorted Tea
Thank you to everyone who has stepped up to help out with the auction. We still have many volunteering opportunities to fill – especially for at the event for set up, take down, and closing the auction. Please see the sheet in the link below and sign up to help if you have not already. Many hands will make light work for all!
Babysitting for the Gala Night Nov 18:
Gr 7 STUDENTS: If any grade 7 students are interested in babysitting on the Gala night, please email Olivia at (edandletty1 @gmail.com). All babysitting money will go towards the Grade 7 trip fund.
Include your name, email, and phone number as well as any babysitting experience you have had or if you have taken a babysitting course. Let us know if you would like to babysit together with another student. Send both students’ information in one email please.
Please respond ASAP because the date is coming up quickly! (at least by Friday, Nov 11).
This is a great chance to contribute to your trip this year!
Event Team: Leanne Ross, Stacey Solomon, Jennifer Wing
– another fundraiser for Gr 7 Senior Trips put on by Grade 7 families
Webpage last updated: Nov 4, 2016