- Ticket Info
- Silent Auction Items
- Gr 7’s – Requesting Silent Auction Items
- Wine Raffle
- Baby Sitting Available
1980s Pop Fête (7:00-11:00 PM, JQ Gym)
- DJ, dinner and dancing for those who dare
- Dress inspired by your favourite ’80s pop culture moment: music, TV, movie? Be creative! (or come as you are)
- Join us for an entertaining evening, Silent Auction, a wine auction, games, and more
$40 per person, purchased up to the day before the event / $45 at the door
Tickets will be sold in front of the school two weeks before the event (cash sales only) — or purchase tickets now with a credit card online
Buy now: GALA TICKETS
Grade 7 families – Please help make this year’s silent auction a success.
Historically, the Silent Auction is the most profitable part of the Parents’ Fête. In order to make the party the best it can be, we are asking all families of a grade 7 student to contribute at least one item to the Silent Auction and a bottle or two for the wine raffle (see below).
Some auction item suggestions from previous years are as follows…
- Hockey / sporting event tickets
- Cultural event tickets (theatre, opera, symphony…)
- Weekend away (hotel, your cabin at Whistler, etc.)
- An item from your favourite restaurant, hair stylist, spa
- Movie theatre passes
- A GC or pass to your favourite yoga, pilates, fitness class
- Birthday party packages (go-karting, an art party, waterpark)
- Entrance to your favourite museum or event
- A gift you cannot use (a slushie machine was a big hit one year)
- Dinner for 4/6/8 cooked by a parent
- A donation of Christmas baking
- Fresh baked cookies every month for 6 months
- Treat your child’s class to homemade cupcakes (healthy ones of course)
- Something you can donate from your business (physio sessions, drawing up a will, home maintenance, interior design consultation)
- Perhaps a skill you could share (French tutoring, tennis lessons, decorating an awesome birthday cake, piano lessons)
Have your grade 7 contribute:
- Leaf raking or snow shovelling
- Pet sitting
When soliciting business, please remember
- The benefit to businesses is advertising. Ask for menus, schedules, or brochures to display
- If soliciting businesses online, attach the Silent Auction Donation Request Letter 2017
- If soliciting in person, have a hard copy to leave behind
- The solicitor is responsible for picking up the item and delivering it
- When choosing a business, think local, think family, and think experience
- Be creative and have fun — Together we can make this happen!
List of Auction Items / List of Businesses Approached
(tabs for each list at bottom of the form)
Use the above link prior to approaching any businesses to please:
- Check both lists (tabs) to avoid over soliciting
- Add your auction item(s) to the Auction Items List using the link above as you obtain an item
- List any pending or declined donations on the List of Businesses Approached
Auction items required by October 27th
Items to be dropped at the Thompson-Watt household (3580 W. 21st Ave) or Prentice-Borland household (2876 Waterloo St.). If you need to make alternative arrangements please contact Kerry or Maureen.
Questions? Email Kerry or Maureen at JQClassof2018@gmail.com
It is a JQ tradition to auction off wine baskets of donated wine at the Gala. This is a big fund raiser at the auction.
In order to do this, we ask every Grade 7 family to donate a bottle of red or white wine (or one of each). Next time you are at the liquor store please pick some wine up for the auction. Please choose something that you would like to drink yourself (suggested price point ~$20). Wine donations can be dropped off at the school (Mme Natalie’s office) or at Piers’ house (3858 W. 14th Ave).
Wine raffle tickets will be sold at the Gala — make sure you buy raffle tickets for your chance to win a basket of wine!
BABY SITTING AVAILABLE – by Gr. 7 Students – Hire Them!
Looking for a babysitter for the Gala evening? Please support our Grade 7’s and hire them – all proceeds will go towards the Senior Trip. Email JQClassof2018@gmail.com
Italian style buffet with vegetarian options will be available.
– another fundraiser for Gr 7 Senior Trips put on by Grade 7 families
Thank you to everyone who has stepped up to help out with the auction. We still have many volunteering opportunities to fill – especially for at the event for set up, take down, and closing the auction. Please see the sheet in the link below and sign up to help if you have not already. Many hands will make light work for all!
Babysitting for the Gala Night Nov 3
Gr 7 STUDENTS: If any grade 7 students are interested in babysitting on the Gala night, please email JQClassof2018@gmail.com. All babysitting money will go towards the Grade 7 trip fund.
Include your name, email, and phone number as well as any babysitting experience you have had or if you have taken a babysitting course. Let us know if you would like to babysit together with another student. Send both students’ information in one email please.
Please respond ASAP because the date is coming up quickly! (at least by Friday, October 27).
This is a great chance to contribute to your trip this year!
Event Team: Fei (Elsa), Amy (Lucy), Kerry (Claudia) and Maureen (Coco)
Webpage last updated: October 3, 2017