Together, we can achieve more!
JQ Fundraising Campaign 2018-19
When we come together as a team, we can accomplish so much more to enrich our children’s learning experience at JQ. This year, as in the past, we are asking for your support of our annual fundraising campaign to do just that. Your JQ Parents Advisory Council (PAC) are a group of parents who are accountable to you, transparent in our accounting, and working on all our behalves for an enriched educational experience for our children. We ask for donations from families once a year, so as not to overburden you with financial requests.
Your generous contributions last year allowed for:
- Community Events: Walk and Wheel, Bike Week, Carnival D’Ete, Welcome Back BBQ, Coffee mornings
- Parent education: Dr. Shimi Kang on parenting
- Kids educational enrichment: Q-munity, internet safety, 1-2 week learning modules of hip hop, water polo, and tennis.
- Sports: New lunch time and extracurricular equipment (balls, Ultimate frisbees, nets etc)
- Technology: the purchase of 10 mini ipads, 10 ipad cases, 2 tech tubs for charging, 7 lap tops, and 1 projector. We are maintaining a separate tech account for future purchases and support. Gratitude Plaque.
- School Appearance: Redid our garden bed murals, planted flowers, supported raised bed cultivation, put in new basketball hoops, added one new friendship bench and painted another, ordered materials to level of the front “soccer” play space for safety and better use..
- Fine Arts: supported School Musical: Beauty and the Beast, and Choir
- Curriculum Expansion: offered teachers a raised garden bed and supplies to support new curriculum food literacy and urban gardening.
- Scholarship: provided for a JQ alumnus.
- Supported Teachers Directly: gave discretionary funds for classroom supplies and/or class activities.
- Grade 7 graduation: funds.
- Subsidies: No child was denied program access.
Please support our “Together We Can Achieve More” campaign running from October 15-November 15. A donation of $100 per student will allow us to meet our budget however any amount is appreciated.
Our goal is $26,000. This year we have had requests for more extracurricular sports activities and equipment to support those programs, parent education focused on anxiety and child psychology, funding for art, music, drama and photography workshops and an online web based ordering system. We will also hope to continue our support of technology and community events and to complete our playground with the purchase and
installation of a Senior Playground structure. We welcome you to PAC meetings to share more ideas and feedback.
Please refer to the PAC budget on our website: 2018-19 Budget for more details.
This year the VSB has changed their rules and will no longer be issuing tax receipts for donations to PAC. Please note that PAC is also not able to issue you a tax receipt for your donation. We thank you for continuing to support our efforts to achieve more through the enriching programs and opportunities PAC offers our families.
Payments may be made by cheque, etransfer, or PayPal:
- Cheques are payable to Ecole Jules Quesnel PAC and may be post-dated up to December 15, 2018. If paying by cheque please complete this donation form and include it with your cheque.
- Etransfers may be sent to:
- email: email@example.com
- security question: What is the name of our school
- answer: julesquesnel
- message: please note the name of your student(s)
- Direct Donation on-line via PayPal
Please remember that your participation is completely confidential, and important. A contribution in any amount is welcome and very much appreciated.
Please email PAC executive with any questions. (firstname.lastname@example.org)