you shop… we earn $… simple as that
HOLIDAY GIFT CARDS AVAILABLE NOW!
In addition to our regular grocery and Starbucks cards – you can order gift cards from over 60 merchants and have them delivered to you at school.
How many on your holiday list would love a gift card this year? Have family members who would like to purchase cards and support their favourite grandson or niece? Save time shopping and help us raise money at no extra cost to you!
A complete list of cards can be found on the order sheet. There are lots of great options over and above the grocery cards including:
- Restaurants — Browns Social House, Moxie’s, Cactus Club, White spot, The Keg, Boathouse, Earl’s
- Coffee & Fast Food — Starbucks, Tim Hortons, Subway
- Entertainment — Cineplex Odeon, iTunes
- Shopping — Chapters/Indigo, Old Navy/Gap/BR, LaSensa, The Bay, Claire’s, American Eagle, Sport Check, Winners/Homesense
- Wellness — Spa Utopia, Way Spa
- Special deals —
- The Old Spaghetti Factory is offering a $10 bonus card with each $25 card sold (one $10/table/sitting, use from Jan 2 – Mar 15)
- Sammy J’s is loading their $50 card with an extra $5 free
Order by November 22 – have your cards by December 1
Order by November 30 – have your cards by December 12 (note the date change)
If you need cards outside of these dates, please contact Caroline (carolmci [at] shaw.ca) to arrange a special order.
HOW TO ORDER:
- Print and complete the JQ Order_Form_Christmas 2017
- Include the form + a cheque for the complete amount of the order (adding up different cards) in an envelope
- Drop off your order in the Gift Card folder on the PAC table in front of the office – on or before November 30
- Send an email to Caroline (carolmci [at] shaw.ca) to let her know you’ve dropped off an order – she will send you an email confirmation once she has picked it up
Spare forms are located at the school in the Gift Card Folder on the PAC table. When your cards are in we will contact you to arrange a pick-up at the school.
Alternate arrangements can be made if you cannot make it to the school, or are concerned about leaving cheques. Contact Caroline (carolmci [at] shaw.ca) to arrange a personal pick-up/drop-off or e-transfer of funds.
Coming in November… an extended list of stores for holiday shopping… check back soon!
2018 Grocery Card Fundraising – Program Info
The shopping you already do every day, at 15+ stores you already love, can help our Grade 7 kids to their special trip this year! We’re excited to introduce a new program that will not cost you one penny while helping raise funds for our Senior Trip Fund!
The Senior Trip committee purchases shopping (gift) cards at a discount from large, well known retailers like Safeway, Choices, Save-on-Foods, and Starbucks. The committee resells the cards to you at face value and keeps the difference/discount as a fundraiser to benefit the Grade 7 trip.
Every time you shop, 3% to 7% goes to our kids!
The advantage of this program:
- Costs nothing and helps raise funds for the Senior trip
- Includes stores that we all shop at for everyday for items like groceries, gas and restaurants (see attached order form)
- Includes stores that we will shop at for the holiday season or give out for presents.
- Includes stores for a house renovation!
- The cards are good across Canada and have no expiry dates
- Some cards are reloadable online or in-store (our school continues receiving funds regularly from it!)
How the Program Works:
- You can place a one-time order for the whole year and provide a cheque for the full amount
- You can place a monthly order with post-dated cheques for the year (same items each month)
- You can place an order each month for different order each time
- All orders will be required by the due date noted in the order form: (please allow one week for delivery)
- Cards will be delivered the following week on Thursday and Friday at 3pm at the same table where you will place the order (top of the stairs inside the school)
Our Goal this year for this program is $2500. If only 100 families spend on average $500 per month we can achieve it! (100 X $500 X 5% rebate = $2500!!)
Sample of Cards and rebates:
- Choices (7%) – use at Choices Market
- Starbucks (5%) – use at Starbucks
- Safeway (3% / 5% in December) – use at Safeway, Sobey and Thrifty Foods
- IGA (5%) – use at Marketplace IGA *only reloadable card
- Stongs (5%) – use at Stongs
- Save-On Foods (4%) – use at Save-On Foods, Urban Fare, Price Smart Foods & Overwaitea
- Loblaws Card (3%) – use at Loblaws, Extra Foods, Superstore, Lucky Dollar, No-Frills, Canadian Wholesale, City Market
Let’s all participate by just pre-planning our regular monthly household purchases at retailers willing to support our school. Think too of friends and family that could use the cards and help out their favourite grandson! Let’s shop until we drop!
Grocery Card Team: Caroline (Cailin), Marie-Claude (Alyssa) and Mallory (Molly)
Questions – contact Caroline (carolmci [at] shaw.ca)