UPCOMING EVENTS and ACTIVITIES – in support of the 2018 Senior Trip
- Purdy’s Chocolates – just in time for the holidays! — Caroline (Cailin)
- Holiday Gift & Grocery Cards – Caroline (Cailin), Mallory (Molly) and Marie-Claude (Alyssa)
- Childminding – Genna (Jacqueline)
- Hot Lunch Program – Tanya (Atticus)
- Pizza Fridays – Amanda (Madi)
- Spell-A-Thon – February 2018 – volunteers needed
- Hot Chocolate sales for Community Events – volunteers needed
Fundraising ideas – pass them on to us…
We still need ideas and volunteers. Please email us at JQClassof2018@gmail.com with any questions and please sign-up to volunteer. Ensure your kids are involved too – helping out, hot lunches, pizza, childminding, etc.
PAST EVENTS – thank you!
- Art Cards – Isabeau (Nayeli) and Sandy (Oriana)
- Family Photo Nights – October 2, 3 & 5 – Yvette (Lucas)
* you should now have received your photos by mail from Prestige Portraits.
If you have not – please contact Yvette at we4Smiths [at] telus.net.
** if have received your proofs and you do not wish to order a package, you will
need to call 1-888-676-1647 to get your free 8×10 with the code provided
- Hallowe’en Dance – October 27 [grades 4-7] – Martha (Kylie)
- GALA & Silent Auction – November 3 [parents only event] – Gala – Fei (Elsa) and Amy (Lucy), Silent Auction – Kerry (Claudia) and Maureen (Coco)
— Grateful thanks to all our Silent Auction donors – please support our local businesses
FUNDRAISING COMMITTEE & 2018 PARENT INFO
- Co-Chairs – Yvette (Lucas), Amanda (Madi), and Mallory (Molly)
- Treasurer – Fiona (Hunter)
- Technical Lead – Tony (Carter)
- PAC Exec Liaison – Tanya (Atticus)
Senior Trip Planning:
We have confirmed both trips with the respective organizations. Families will choose either a JumpStreet Tour of Montreal and Quebec City (May 7-12, 2018) or an opportunity to learn film production at the Gulf Islands Film and Television School (May 14-18, 2017) on Galiano Island. (view past films here)
DEADLINES & FORMS …
- Sr. Trip 2018 – Quebec Permission Form – Due: December 8, 2017
- Sr. Trip 2018 – GIFTS Permission Form – Due: December 8, 2017
- Bursary Application 2017-18 – Due: December 1, 2017 (only for those wishing to apply)
Info for Parents for more context and detail – the document summarizes information regarding the two trips, the JQ PAC Bursary Fund and the allocation of fundraising dollars. These updates will be provided at the General PAC meeting on Thursday, December 7 at 7:00 pm
Info from Spring meetings:
- JQ Senior Trip_Grade 6 Info session notes, May 2017 – a document that summarizes the conversations from our first parent info session. It outlines the types of trips, the associated costs and other questions that may have arisen from that meeting.
- 2018 Senior Trip Parent Input_Survey Results Summary – Thank you to all who responded to our Sprint Parent Input Survey. This document summarizes the input you gave us and has been shared with our community.
Last updated: December 8, 2017