UPCOMING EVENTS and ACTIVITIES – in support of the 2018 Senior Trip
- Hallowe’en Dance – October 27 [grades 4-7] – Martha (Kylie)
- GALA & Silent Auction – November 3 [parents only event] – Gala – Fei (Elsa) and Amy (Lucy), Silent Auction – Kerry (Claudia) and Maureen (Coco)
- Art Cards – Isabeau (Nayeli) and Sandy (Oriana)
- Hot Lunch Program – Tanya (Atticus)
- Pizza Fridays – Amanda (Madi)
- Grocery Cards – Caroline (Cailin), Mallory (Molly) and Marie-Claude (Alyssa)
- Childminding – Genna (Jacqueline)
CALLING ALL GO-GETTERS – we need you now!
Please email us at JQClassof2018@gmail.com with any questions and please sign-up to volunteer. There’s lots of ways to get involved — whether to help onsite, bake for an event or provide auction items. Ensure your kids are involved too – helping out, hot lunches, pizza, childminding, etc.
- Senior Trip Fundraising Initiatives – General sign-up
- Hallowe’en Party on-site helpers sign up here
- GALA night volunteers sign up here please
- Silent Auction items – please reference and identify your items
PAST EVENTS – thank you!
- Family Photo Nights – October 2, 3 & 5 – Yvette (Lucas)
FUNDRAISING COMMITTEE & 2018 PARENT INFO
- Co-Chairs – Yvette (Lucas), Amanda (Madi), and Mallory (Molly)
- Treasurer – Fiona (Hunter)
- Technical Lead – Tony (Carter)
- PAC Exec Liaison – Tanya (Atticus)
Senior Trip Planning:
We have confirmed trips for the week of May 7-12, 2018. Families will choose either a JumpStreet Tour of Montreal and Quebec City or an opportunity to learn film production at the Gulf Islands Film and Television School on Galiano Island. (view past films here)
The Senior Trip Committee with support from PAC Exec will be working with the school to budget the costs and determine amounts and timelines for a first deposit and trip payment schedule. We expect to have that to families by early November.
Info from Spring meetings:
- JQ Senior Trip_Grade 6 Info session notes, May 2017 – a document that summarizes the conversations from our first parent info session. It outlines the types of trips, the associated costs and other questions that may have arisen from that meeting.
- 2018 Senior Trip Parent Input_Survey Results Summary – Thank you to all who responded to our Sprint Parent Input Survey. This document summarizes the input you gave us and has been shared with our community.
Last updated: October 11, 2017